Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No dial 9 to call outside numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjones2006

Technical User
Feb 9, 2006
US
I have an IPO 412 running 3.1(56) with 20 digital sets and 80 analog sets. Customer does not want the analog sets to be able to dial intercom, only outside numbers. The 2nd trick is that they don't want the analog phones to have to dial a 9 to get out they want to be able to pick up the handset and dial an outside number. The 3rd issue is they want each analog station to output their Direct Dial Number off of the PRI for caller ID. Any suggestions would be helpful

everything you want to do can be done by system shortcodes and user shortcodes. set user short codes for the users to get a busy when they dial an extension number. refer to the short code section in the 3.1 documents for understanding special characters and other aspects of shortcodes.

The short codes you'll want to put in are: (in the user shortcode tab) For only dialing externally and not having to dial 9,

Code Telephone number Feature LineGroupID
?D .9 SecondaryDialTone (Whatever the outgoing line group ID is at your site)

For sending station DID,

Code Telephone Number Feature Line Group ID
[9]N; Nsixxxxxxx Dial (same as above)
(replace x's with
the number you want
to output)
Same thing if it's a long distance call, it would just be [9]1N; 1Nsixxxxxxxxxx etc....

Thanks for the codes I'm heading to site to try them

The codes worked thanks. When dialing out you hear the secondary dial tone until the called party answers, is it possible to hear the ringing and busy signals. I tried putting a Y in the telephone Number field so the system doesn't wait for a call completion indication from the CO to stop secondary dial tone and connect caller to line but it didn't make a difference, any suggestions???

I setup codes similar to this on our fax machines so they didn't require 9 and they couldn't call internally.

I created codes for 1N 2N 3N etc. Doesn't require a secondary dial tone, and you do hear ringing, etc, etc. I used a 'User Restriction' group for the codes and just selected that group for the specific user extensions.

Thanks,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back