Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no default routing to tenant - MS teams instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekitori

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
NL
We're planning on using Microsoft Teams Voice next to Avaya for a couple of teams.
These teams use the same DDI-ranges as the Avaya.

Our serviceprovider programmed the SBC in a way that if a call to a number is denied by the Avaya (=does not exist), it is then routed to MS Teams where it can be answered.
That way I can move people in and out of teams without them having to change anything.

Only thing is that this trick only works if the main tenant is not available, because that is where the call to an unassigned number normally ends up.

So basically, I want to switch off this default routing to the main tenant.
How can I do this and does it affect other services ?

We're on CM6.2...

If we had a picture...

PSTN-->SBC-->Forks to Avaya and Teams

SBC always delivers to Avaya first.
If Avaya says 404 not found, then send it to Teams

Is that how the inbound call routing is setup?

Do you have an SBC?

Are they hosting the SBC with the config toward Teams for you?

Hi Kyle555, thanks for your reply.

> SBC always delivers to Avaya first.
> If Avaya says 404 not found, then send it to Teams
> Is that how the inbound call routing is setup?
Exactly

> Do you have an SBC?
We do, but.....

> Are they hosting the SBC with the config toward Teams for you?
They do.

Ok, so to be able to transfer people to Teams Phone but keep their original Avaya config in case of rollback or whatever, I made a COR with 'Called Party Restriction' on 'inward'.
Now, when I assign this COR to a number it is not allowed to receive calls so it signals that to the SBC and the call gets transferred to Teams.

Only thing I need now is for any non-existing called-number NOT to be routed to the main tenant as decribed above....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back