Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO DCON Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebrown

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2008
US
System Monitor on 61C(DC model) not reporting DCON alarms when rectifiers loose commercial power. System monitors(2) have been replaced and options verified.Correct cable(NT8DAV) to MFA 150 distribution cabinet installed.
Terminal board( NT6P14PF) in the MFA 150 has been replaced. MPR25 rectifiers HAVE NOT been replaced. SYSMON test in ld 37 passes.
Any thoughts as to where to go next?

On my AC systems I had to install a cable from the Column 0 sysmon to the UPS to tell the PBX of a commercial power loss, is there something to tell the sysmon on a DC system that it is on batteries and not on Rectifier power?

he may have nailed it.. something on the external power side has to give your system a short.. other wise you only get power alarm after your batteries drop

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I installed a NT8D46AU cable made specifically for my Alpha UPS, there may be a cable for your application or a way to get an contact closure alarm sent to the alarm reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back