Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No data on first page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a (probably simple) problem with the formatting of a report (Crystal version 7.0).
First page will only display report header and page footer, whereas the actual data starts on page two - as if there was a page break or similar insterted after RH. This means that the first page does not contain any useful information.
Not crucial to the use of the actual report, but as I'm trying to learn how to develop reports, this is annoying me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks loads,
Helena

Helena: Check for Keep Group Together turned on for your first Group Level - if there are more records in this group than will fit on a page you'll get exactly what you've experienced. Suggest you select the condition button to right of option (in Format Section) labelled X-2 and enter in there the following:

Not OnFirstRecord

This should have the effect of keeping your groups together (if that is what you want) EXCEPT on the first page! David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Hi dcm,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it did not work. I entered your suggestion in Format Section, first for first group, and then when that didn't work, for the other groupings too. All have "Keep group together" ticked. I see what you mean about too many records to fit on the first page, but the data (grouped by date) is spread over two pages anyway, page 2 and 3. I have also tried unticking "Keep group together", but it made no difference.
If you have any other good ideas, please let me know!

Helena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back