Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO contents on web pages with Visual interdev and IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicCross

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello

Im using win 2000 Pro with visual interdev 6 Pro
connecting to an Win 2000 adv server with IIS.
I'm new to this so please help. I have made a new project then made a conecting with a database( have tried sql and access 2000 with same result)I can see all the data in viusl interdev fine and test connection works ok. I make a new html page and added a recordset which seems to have all the correct data. Then added text boxes (have also tried a grid)which all seem to have the correct data in. when i go tview these pages all i can see is the blank text boxes and or navbar.

what am i doing wrong have tried resintalling IIS server restalling interdev, acccess and sql databases.

my IIS server has frontpage 98 server exstenistions installed and visual interdev server am i missing something here

Please Please Please HELP

do you make a new html page or asp page? if you make a html page all DTC's are client side and work only in IE (and usually not even there). i never seem to get client side recordset to work properly too.
try making an asp page with server side DTC's.
if that's not the problem, maybe you have permission problems with your database.
hope you'll solve your problem.

I think I'm developing in the same environment that you are in and I'm having the same problem. There seems to be absolutely no reason for it. Did you ever figure it out?

yes I did try the following things.

If you are using an access databse if you are using access which version are you using as i couldn't get access 2 to work only 97 and 2000. Make sure that there is no spaces in the names of the tables or in the name of the fileds in your tables eg customer name should be customer_name or something.

You could try upgrading MCDA drivers.

Make sure that the IUSR account on your IIS server has fall rights to the database you are connecting to.

If you are using an ODBC connection make sure that it is a system dsn. to a reapir on the databse from the odbc menu to make sure you get a connection and no errors. make sure therer is the correct dsn name on the IIS server as well as on your desktop devlopment p.c

If you have got acces another p.c try using a diffrent IIS server to make sure the IIS server is working. make sure the IIS server has the right items installed e.g front page 98 extensions visual interdev server

this stuff might work so give it a go if your still having problems e-mail me

rick@soton.ac.uk

Ric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back