Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No contents on web pages on IIS server build with visual interdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicCross

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello

Im using win 2000 Pro with visual interdev 6 Pro
connecting to an Win 2000 adv server with IIS.
I'm new to this so please help. I have made a new project then made a conecting with a database( have tried sql and access 2000 with same result)I can see all the data in viusl interdev fine and test connection works ok. I make a new html page and added a recordset which seems to have all the correct data. Then added text boxes (have also tried a grid)which all seem to have the correct data in. when i go tview these pages all i can see is the blank text boxes and or navbar.

what am i doing wrong have tried resintalling IIS server restalling interdev, acccess and sql databases.

my IIS server has frontpage 98 server exstenistions installed and visual interdev server am i missing something here

Please Please Please HELP

In order to use recordsets you will need to give the file the .asp extension, unless im reading incorrectly you said you made an 'html' file. That wont work for data connectivity uless you map the html extension to the aspx.dll.

Micah A. Norman

Thanks

I Think i found the problem it was with the IIS server not displaying pages probally. I also had a problem with rights to the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back