Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Contact drop down list on sending new email

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonCourage

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
When sending a new email and I click the "TO:" button, the "Select Names" window appears as it should. However, when I select the drop-down arrow for "Contacts", I no longer see my contacts sub-folders. I only have one selection: Contacts. The only contacts in the window below that are the names in the Contacts root folder.

The only thing I did that I think may have contributed to the loss of my folders on this list is moving my Outlook.pst file to another drive (my data drive).
Does anyone know how I can reinstate this contact folder list?

Hi BonCourage,

Underneath your contacts list in you "Folder view" right click on the contacts list and go to properties. Then click on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. There should be a check box that will say "Show this folder as an e-mail address book".

Then it will show up when you select the "To:" function.

Hope this helps... mot98
[pc]

"Every day I learn something new, and forget 10 things I learned long ago!"

Mot98,
So cool. It worked. Why it changed from this before I don't know - but why care? I wish all were this straight forward.
Thanks so much for the assistance!!
BonCourage
P.S. Cool signature icon you have.

Mot98,

I also had the same problem and had been waiting for our email team to address it. I've made the changes myself and now have access to my contacts folder. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back