Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
I know these Partner ACS system like the back of my hand, but running into an issue with one phone line provider.
Have now three different customers reporting no caller ID, went to one location with single line phone & caller ID works.
Switched out their 509 processor, still no caller ID.
Brought back original processor to my office, plug one of our lines into it & caller ID works. (different providers however)
Then brought over to customer's location a Verizon Cellular box that converts to a POTS line & caller ID works.
Provider for all three locations is the same Mediacom.
Does anyone know the specs or what I need to say to provider to get back working?
I have 1000s of the ACS system out there & Mediacom is bigger provider here in the Midwest.
Thinking in due time eventually going to get more calls then just the three so far.
Thanks for any input!

Avaya telephone systems are designed to work with service that adheres to Bellcore standards, while SLTs and consumer-oriented equipment are more forgiving.

Chances are there is enough deviation with the service provider's Caller ID signal to throw the Partner ACS. The service provider at your location is sending a Caller ID signal that adheres to the standard.

I would open a trouble ticket with Mediacom. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Thanks Dexman,
Yes I already communicated with Mediacom before making my post.
The lady from tech support really seem like she was trying to resolve.
Funny thing she even said on two of my locations she said the Caller ID was disabled on their end & re-enabled, but the Caller ID worked to the SLPs before I talked to her :)
Called back to one customer after she re-enabled & still nothing, so was told was going to send to higher tier group, with me being included in the email & never seen anything as of yet for her request or any updates.

So to answer my question, do you think if I ask them to set to the Bellcore standard, which I'm sure they will have no idea what I'm talking about, but worth a try.

Much depends on the equipment that Mediacom is using to mimic POTS service. Mediacom might have to reach out to the equipment manufacturer to see if there is some obscure optioning that will make the equipment provide a Caller ID signal that the Partner ACS recognizes. [smile]

If speaking to Mediacom, explain the situation to the technician(s) and see what they say. [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back