Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Black w/Epson Stylus C60

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECsBrain

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
US
Two full black ink cartridges are not solving my problem of not being able to print black with my Epson Stylus C60. Color works beautifully when black is not necessary. I've read about some nozzle cleaner stuff, but since it isn't widespread, I didn't simply jump to buy it. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? It is related to the printer, I believe a nozzle is clogged (possibly). Nozzle cleaning is not helping.

You do not hear this from me. If it makes your printer worse you absolve me of all blame. Do not try this at home. No guarantee. Void where prohibited by law. No service without shoes and a shirt.

Many of the service guys use methyl hydrate to clean dried ink from the head. If not done carefully can cause more damage. Be careful if you try this. I'm not kidding.

Remove print head from printer. Soak a small area of lint free cloth with methyl hydrate and place gently on print head nozzles. This should loosen dried ink. YMMV

Afterwards make sure capping assembly is working well. It should be sealed around the head when not in use. It is usually a cracked capping assembly or a capping assembly that does not sit properly that causes the head to dry out in the first place.

Of course all of this assumes that dried ink is your problem. That may not be the case.

Good luck,

I had a similar problem with my Epson 790. I had to use the nozzle cleaner several times before it started to work. This was with a genuine Epson cartridge. If you are using compatibles try a genuine one as it may solve the problem.

I also found that it is better to have the printer switched off unless I am actually going to use it. Since doing that I haven't had the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back