Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddfff

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
US
I have a form on a cfm template that, after submitted, I do NOT want to allow the user to view as cache page.

In other words, once you submit the form -- if you hit the back button on the browser -- the user must fill the page out again.

I tried the following but it does not seem to work:

<cfheader name="Cache-Control" value="no-cache">

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The best thing to do would be bounce them around with some cflocations after they submit the form so that if they hit the back button it just takes them back to the current page.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

I appreciate the suggestion but might there be a more accurate possibility.

I have seen some pages that, when you hit the back button, it will only refresh that page.

Thanks again.

that's usualy done because the page you are at now was forced from an "invisible" page. so when you click back you go back to the "invisible" page that forced you to the page you're at. I've seen it done mainly with frames pages.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back