Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Available DTMF receivers Alarm on 0x32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have a customer that keeps getting 63-12XX alarm. The XX is the channel number and it is usually from 01-10 but some have been in the high teens and low twentys. It fills the log up in about an hour after I clear it.

The customer has:
XC 5.0
1 T1 Card (in right hand slot of 0x32)
2 6 port combo cards
Nothing in the left slot of the 0x32
1 12x0 w/ 2 LS/DS and 1 E&M (E&M not used but someone said to try installing this to add more DTMF receivers to the system).
5 0x16
1 0x8 analog module
1 NAM

System was install 09/2001. System would ocassionally give this alarm code out but now it is epidemic.

Help!

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Stray thoughts...

Is the unused MICS CO card slot disabled in Maint?

PhM

I have similar problem and a reboot of the system took care of it. The dtmf recievers are on the 6 port combo card which I believe does the clocking.

K2Merlin,
You are correct. Scott, another stray thought.. since you have loaded the MICS down with two 6 pott expansion combo cards with a full array of DTMF receivers, remove the E&M trunk card. That card was originally designed for the Modular 8/24. There could be a conflict... don't know how but.. MICS 5 is such a flakey software release you can't rely on sure info. But do reboot as K2 suggests it does solve many issues.

PhM

Yeah I've seen this a few times myself and just like K2Merlin, a simple reboot fixed every time.

Good Luck

telephonesteve, whatever became of this?

Good Luck!
DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back