Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Available devices in Arcserve 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausie

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
AU
Have updated to latest sp and device pack but arcserve still does not see devices.
I am using a HP ultrium 448C tape blade in the new Shorty C3000 chasis. The interface is a SAS 3000 series 8 port with 1068_e store port. I have updated driver to isi-sas.sys 1.21.4.0. I have tried with the tape drive enabled and disabled from device manager. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how I can fault find this further.

stop the Tape Engine
rename tape.log
put the Tape Engine in detail mode
start the Tape Engine

The tape log should have the answer to why the device does not show up.

Hello, Please check if the devices shows in the Device Manager from Windows. If so you can disabled. BAB has your own driver.

Hi,
I had the same problem and what David says is correct, but you also have to run cstop then go into the registry and rename "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCServe Backup\Base\TapeEngine" to .old
When you restart (cstart) it will re-create the key and you should then be able to see the device(s). You need to also check that you can see them in device manager in windows as if windows does not see them then Arcserve will not either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back