Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Audio when Exporting a Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

parcow

Instructor
Jul 9, 2003
US
Maybe someone can explain if I am doing something wrong or if there is a better method to my madness:

I am capturing from DV video and audio fine.
I can edit w/ video and audio in the timeline.
I can export the whole timeline with video and audio.
When I export a certain clip in the timeline to .avi the video exports, but audio does not.
When I look in the export settings, video is checked, but audio is unchecked. These boxes are greyed-out and I don't know how to "un-grey" them.

All I want to do is to be able to export certain clips in the timeline instead of having to delete all the other clips on the timeline and then export the whole timeline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I can Export a Timeline to .avi fine.

Whoops, sorry, please ignore that dangling last sentence.

is audio track is hide, i mean there is a eye in front of every track. is that hide or open in audio. can u hear audio from time line.

give me some detail

Akash

What are your project settings?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I've had the same problem. My work around was to temporarily reduce the work area to encompass only the clip I wanted to export, then use Export Timeline, work area only. If I wanted to export the clip's audio only, just select the audio clip in the sound track, (no sync mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back