Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No audio on IP phones when calling another VPN to VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoetech

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
Hi all,

I set up some 4610 IP phones at a few home offices. They are VPN into our 4.0 CM. These work great when calling anyone in the office, but cant talk to another remote IP phone. They can ring the other remote IP but there is no audio either way. I figured it is a router issue, but dont know how to fix this. We have a Cisco pix in the office. I turned on the IP hairpinning option in the "ch Station" Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Joe

We had the same issues. Our internal firewalls were suspected as the reason why. Go to page 2 of the station forms and change the Direct IP-IP Audio Connections from y to n. That cleared it up for us.

Are you using 2 network regions. If so you need to make sure you tell the system which codec to use between the two regions.

do a "ch ip-network region xx" where xx is the network region and go to page 3. Set the codec to use on this page, it will probably be codec set 1. See my example below: -

change ip-network-region 5 Page 3 of 19

Inter Network Region Connection Management

src dst codec direct WAN-BW-limits Video Dyn
rgn rgn set WAN Units Total Norm Prio Shr Intervening-regions CAC IGAR
5 1 1 y NoLimit n
5 2
5 3
5 4
5 5 1
5 6

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Thank you for all the replies. I just checked and it seems I dont have any Network Regions programmed. I hate to sound so dumb, but do I need to set up a Network Region for these IP phones to talk to one another? [neutral]

Also I turned off the Direct IP-to-IP as MJRAY2 suggested and it made no difference.

Thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back