Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no aspnet account on new install of win 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinyl

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2001
GB
Hi all

Ive just done a new installation of Windows Server 2003 and cannot find an aspnet account. However, i know there should be one as i did an installation of 2003 a few months ago on a different server and there was an aspnet account.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Divinyl

I have only installed VS on XP and 2000 but in both those cases the ASPNET user didn't show up until I had installed .Net.

Yep... Try installing the .Net framework. If you think it's already installed, look for the utility aspnet_regiis.exe and run as:

aspnet_regiis -u (uninstalls the framework)
... and then ...
aspnet_regiis -i (re-installs the framework)

This will add the aspnet account.

-----------------------------------------------
"The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the entire universe."
-Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Hi all - thanks for the replies.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the framework solved my issues!

Thanks

Neile

I recently did a 2003 server install and had to go into the Add/Remove Programs and then add the windows components for ASP.net in the IIS section, hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back