Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO Asp pages work on IIS 5 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicCross

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello

im very new at this so please help no asp pages display on the IIs 5 server

running win 2000 advantge server with IIS 5 installed with
Sp-2
All current hot fixes
Ie6
front page 98 ex
visual interdev server
microsoft posting accpeter 2.0
sql 2000 server
all correct drivers
office 2000 sp1

have tried reinstall that din't help also tried updating Microsoft Data Access Components to 2.7 as some one adivsed me too. all the html pages that i have made work fine but any asp pages don not display and i get a 404 error. have put the asp pages on a win 98 box with personal web sereve and they display ok

any help please

Do the folder(s) containing you ASP-files have script-permissions?

I am sure this exact problem came up a few weeks ago, sadly I can't find it. Anyone recognise the problem?

Oh I found it the thread ref is
thread41-173817

However, this was iis 4 and there was an error returned so maybe different.

I have a situation like this too and can't figure it out. If there is a global.asa file in the directory (no matter what is in it) the asp pages don't work. Reinstalling doesn't help. Anyone have an answer yet?

Hi,

I had a problem identical to this where IIS would only serve static pages. I finally found the problem was due to me using MS Proxy Client on my PC. If you have Proxy Client also, and you are getting an Event ID 204 in the event log, then this URL should solve your problems.

Hope this is of some help.

Rich

Hello!

are you using any type of firewall on your server (or it was running during installation?)

I can fix this problem but need few details...

option 1. remove firewall and reinstall iis.

option 2. send me more details :)

iis_guru@yahoo.com

no im not running any firewalls.
no im not using any proxies

I beleve i am running scripting persmissions but how do i checkm

If i publish the same files to a pesron IIS web server they work fine.

is there any more details i could put in that could help.

Thanks for every bodys help much welcome!!!!

Hello!

if you feel like this then try IUSR_COMPUTERNAME RXRX and EVEYONE RXRX on scripts files/folder.I hope this will help coz it is maximum permission for scripts. iis_guru@yahoo.com

Are the application settings configured for the website?

In IIS go the the properties for the specific website and click on the home directory tab - towards the bottom you'll see the application settings configurations....

Sorry can look for a few days as im not at the location were the p.c is at

but again thanks for every bodys help

Hey everyone,

I was searching on the web for this solution and found this post.

After reading tammilynn's response I found that I had to set every folders application protection setting to Low (IIS Process) in order for it to display ASP pages.

Why would it not display if the application was spooled? I cannot even set it to high without a COM error.

I was able to solve my problem with asp pages by setting my Norton Antivirus program to disable script blocking.

The corporate edition is running on my machine here and there is no actual script checking on it. My home machine as NAV 2002 which has the standard features though.

Even when I set the folder to be excluded from checking I still could not get ASP to work unless I set the protection levels to the low setting.

What's even more strange is that the developer next to me has the exact same configuration but he doesn't have any problems having it on the default medium setting. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back