Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No apps will work with xenapp or webclient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have had citrix xenapp (latest version from website) running for quite some time on my Vista laptop. Today, nothing works. I completely uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled. The apps are listed, so it's obviously getting my credentials. When I select any app, nothing happens. When I log into the web client, I see all the apps, but nothing happens when I try and open one.

Any thoughts? Can't do any work.

Luvsql

There are a couple of things you should check

-Check that the license server is running and licenses are valid. Also make sure that the laptop can reach the license server.

-Are you using published applications, or streamed applications?

-check from the web server whether it can reach the citrix farm servers

-If you are using Citrix Secure Gateway make sure the configuration is still valid.

-Check for errors on the Webserver and citrix servers.

Not really a clear answer but provides a few places to start looking at.

Colin

Your Life & Tech

My issue is back again this morning with no apps working in either the xenapp or the webclient. I had no issues last week. Licenses are fine. We use published apps and everyone else in the company can connect, however, I am the only vista client so it seems to be specific to that.

I am using the very latest client from citrix.com. I can see all the apps listed, so it is contacting the server and is configured properly.

I solved this issue by removing unnecessary printers on my local machine, I had a dozen, which I had installed for test purposes, now I have 3 which I use everyday.
I think the issue comes from when the ICA session is established, Xen App then maps local printers, it must be at this stage that it slows down the connection and get the ?not responding? message.

excerpt from "

Maybe this will help??

I only have 2 printers installed, plus the Microsoft XPS Document. If I am having the issue, I can log into my laptop locally and am able to use citrix fine. If I log into my machine as someone else, it's fine.

As well, when I was experiencing the issue, I tried logging into the web client on my XP Machine at home and none of the apps would work. Somehow my profile is getting corrupted. However, when I uninstall, clean regisry, reboot on my Vista, then re-install, I can then log in again.

Is there something in the installation that affects my profile on the server?

My citrix issue is back. It's been only 1 week since I reinstalled it to get working again.

I logged into one of our Win XP Pro machines and was able to access all our apps from the web client and the client (agent not the new xenapp). It can't be my profile on the server or a license issue.

Is it possible to get an older copy of the client that will work with Vista? I'm tired of having to reinstall every week. I rely on citrix daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back