Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Applications will launch in either client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have a Vista Laptop with SP1. I installed "XenApp Plugin for Hosted Apps - Version 11.000" and it was working fine for a week. This morning, nothing launches. All the apps are listed, so obviously there is some sort of communication between my desktop and the citrix farm. However, if I select any of them, nothing happens. The same goes for the webclient. I tried on another workstation and can log into an application with the webclient so the issue is obviously with my installation.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, but nothing fixes it. Even though I did choose to use my local user ID and password to login, it still prompts me for a password. I then tried the installation with this setting set to No, get prompted, but still no apps will launch.

Are you using the PNA or PN client? Is it configured to remove icons on disconnect?

Is your Vista PC able to get a terminal service license from what ever TS license server has the licenses for Vista?

Can you log on as another user on the Vista machine to test it is not something in the local profile?

Is the Vista Firewall on? Have you tried turning that off?

Again these are starting points. You need to look at the Citrix Server error messages and Citrixweb servers for error messages.

Colin

Colin

Your Life & Tech

I was using Vista and Citrix since February 2009, but have formatted a couple times since then. I was using it in December 2008 without issue. It just stopped working yesterday.

I logged into my Vista machine with another user account and citrix worked fine, so it appears to be some profile issue. However, when I uninstalled citrix, I deleted everything in the users folder, program files, program data that had a citrix folder, as well as running a registry clean.

Other than deleting my whole profile and starting over, is there anything else I can check?

I would start with deleting the Citrix related folders and registry entries from your profile.

Then try again.

Otherwise take a copy of the important things in your profile and start again with a new profile.

Colin

Your Life & Tech

I deleted my whole profile in Vista and that's what got it working again. It was working for the last 2.5 days. It just now has stopped working ie the applications are listed, but none of them will open. I literally had one open about 15 minutes ago.

My citrix has stopped working again. If I log into my laptop as another domain user, all the applications launch fine. My profile nothing launches but they're all listed. I can't keep removing my profile every couple days. My user doesn't have any group policies applied to it, so there's nothing that could be overriding any settings.

What's up with this version of xenapp? Is it not supported on Vista?

It sounds more like something is corrupting your local profile or you have a licensing issue.

That could be terminal service licenses or Citrix licenses.

I would use or build another vista machine and test on that for several days.

Colin

Your Life & Tech

I uninstalled, then deleting all folders. I then went into the registry and deleting the Citrix folder which was still showing under current user. I ran a registry clean program and then rebooted. I reinstalled and now it works fine. It looks like something in the registry got corrupted and the uninstall does not remove it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back