Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO APPENDABLE MEDIA COULD BE MOUNTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

torri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2000
US
My backup-exec would not connect to the server, so I restarted the server. Once backup-exec started, I noticed that I lost my autoloader. I have a 7 changer loader and now the backup jobs will not run. I am able to do manual backups but not scheduled one. As long as I maunually load a tape the backup job will run, but to let the system run on its own it fails. I called ADIC and they told me to delete the devices Quatum and Adic then reboot the server. I have done all that but still am unable to run my jobs. Anybody have any iteas??????

What version of Backup Exec have you got?

Tilo

Hello Tilo;

Sorry it took me so long to respond. We are on version 7.3.

torri

Stop all Backup Exec Services.
Go into the directory Program files/Veritas/backup exec/NT

Rename the pvl.mdb, which is the device and media database.

Reinstall the autoloader option and restart the services.

Keep in mind that you will loose your media sets. Run the device configuration wizard and make sure that the tape drive is together with the loader. It should not be under standalone drives.

See if that works.

TILO

TILO, I am having a similar problem. I had to have my ADIC DLT400 autoloader repaired, and upon reconnecting it, BENT 7.3 does not recognize it. I get this message in the log file:
"Invalid Physical Volume Library Drive Identifier" Support at Veritas told me to delete and force redetection of devices which did not work. Should I try this method here? What are the alternatives? Thanks for all reponses. Help me, Obiwankinobe, you're my only hope. >:):0>

Stoweman

I would try the same. Rename the pvl.mdb and reconfigure the device in Backup Exec. That should work.

TILO

Hello,

I have a similar problem on BENT 8.5. Would this trick also work on 8.5 ?

I have the same problem after setting the backup from overwrite to append. I'm using 7.0 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back