Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no answer recall / call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchMark

Programmer
Jul 25, 2006
NL
A have a problem whit a MXe standalone system.
When a DID call rings on a ip console softkey, the attendant transfers this call to a extension. When there is no answer the call gets back on the recall softkey from the same attendant. But when a set a call forward first alterntive on this extension the recall doesn't work anymore. The reason is that the extension has an other DID nummer, so when that nummer is called first the extension has to ring and after 25 sec the call flows to the attendant. So the problem is it will not work thogher. So is it possilble to get a recall no answer to the attendant and a call forward no answer form the DID at the same extension??

Thanks, Mark.

You could try the second alternative back to the softkey

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Recall if Transferred to Original Call Destination
Cos option.

Are you Mark P.?

Hi tlpeter, i haven't tryed that option, i will test it in my lab tomorrow.
Bigsin, a also check that options, where now running whit 7 ip console so that was nessery.
It's a network whit 25 MX controller around Holland whit 1 main MXe (users) in a datacentre. When there is a incoming trunk from a MX to the MXe there is no problem whit recall/call forward. But recenly we have sip trunk direcly to the MXe, and only call from that trunks are having this problem.

Oke sorry man, I am not Mark P

Hi Mark,

I am dutch too :)
Strange that it does not come back on sip.

I ran into a similar scenario where the customer wanted all transfered calls to recall but direct calls to go to VM. The SX-200 can achieve this with a COS option "Recall on transfered call", the 3300 does not have an equivelent option.

The option to recall if transfered to the original call destination works ok but only if the call is actually transfered to the original. Typically, the caller already knows the original destination is not available.

The option I chose was to utilize the Called Party Features Override Feature. This allows calls from an extension to override any call redirection features, such as call forwarding, that are enabled on the destination extension. In the case of a transfer, the call will either camp-on of recall no answer instead of following routing.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi kwbMitel, first of all "happy newyear"
I tryed your answer, i turnded on Called Party Override in the COS and made an feature access code. example *
If i transfer whit *DN from the ip console it works fine.
But those ladies at the reception are not happy, normaly they transfer 100 calls a hour so 100 x * is hopefully a workaround.
Is there any way to lose the * sign before the DN number.

It is a while ago for me i have played with Mitel but can you make a feature access code like this

1XX and the the real phone number *1XX

DutchMark, sorry to say that to acheive the functionality, the Attendant will have to adjust. tlpeters suggestion would really mess things up for the regular calls.

If you have a 5550 console, you could utilize the alternate DB config but that would be more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

kwbMitel, you are right.
Forgot about normal dailing :)

Mitel also sad it wasn't possible.
The only solution a came up is to program the sip trunk on a gateway controller, and not directly to the MXe.
The problem is notifyed by Mitel, so maybe it will be fixed in a new release.
Thanks for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back