Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No agents logged in, no VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cztech

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have a hunt group w/ agents who enable/disable themselves from hunt group w/ a Hunt Group Enable button. When all agents are not enabled, the caller in to the group will just remain in queue instead of going to the Hunt Group mailbox. Finally, after the Voicemail Answer Time is reached, the caller will go into the group mailbox. Shouldn't caller go straight into Hunt Group Mailbox if no agents are available? R 8.1

cztech /

This is set as 'Longest Waiting.'

Have an overflow group set. Call flows are fine, the issue is when there are no agents enabled for the main or overflow group - call will just ring/queue until the Voicemail Answer Time is reached, then go to the HG mailbox.

I really expect - and seem to recall it behaving this way in the past - that if there are no members/agents available, calls will go to the HG mailbox.

cztech /

Overflow is setup the same way (Longest Waiting); contains the same members as the original group, plus a few more people. On the original group, 'Overflow Mode' is set to GROUP and 'Immediate Overflow' is set to NO ACTIVE AGENTS. I don't think it matters, because this is controlled by the original group - but the Overflow group has Queueing, Voicemail and Announcements ticked 'ON.' I will turn those off when onsite today.

cztech /

Or create an night service group that sends people to the original HG VM, and have the last agent to leave set it to night mode; or with a schedule if you want to avoid human element.

· If Queuing is on but there are no members logged in or enabled, calls can be set to overflow immediately by setting the Overflow Immediate setting to No Active Members. Otherwise calls will queue until the Overflow Time expires. (Release 8.0+)

· If no Overflow Time is set, a call will overflow when it has rung each available hunt group member without being answered.

is your overflow timer set? because otherwise the immediate will not work (as far as I can interpret this), have not done one lately but this is from the help file

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Tried to stick to the help files and past knowledge as much as possible. Seems like over the years with the IP Office, if there is 1 area that changes consistently with almost every release, it's Hunt Group behavior!

Seem to have found a work-around, if not a fix, by putting the Main hunt group 2nd in the list of overflow groups. Working so that if no-one in original AND overflow group is enabled, that Main group will ring. This is working for the customer so I'll probably be walking away from the issue at this point.

cztech /

is your overflow timer set? because otherwise the immediate will not work (as far as I can interpret this), have not done one lately but this is from the help file
Westi, you are wrong :)
The overflow timer will be ignored when there are no agents and overflow immediately.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back