Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No admin pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

rparsons1000

Technical User
May 19, 2005
US
I am trying to get to my security pages to take inheritence off of a site as well as set permissions on1 a list but the options are not there. I am looking in Site Administration for an administration area to make the site permission change but it does not exist. I am an admin on the local box so don't understand why I can't see it. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong spot?

If it is a WSS site then you should have it under Site Settings, there should be a choice there saying Manage Permissions inheritance, there you can set it to use unique permissions and when you do that all the users from the parent site will still have access to this subsite (sharepoint "moves" those permissions to the subsite aswell).

If you then want to set specific permissions on a list you will have to click on the list and on the lef hand side you will see Actions, Modify Settings and Columns, then you have a choice Change permissions for this list....

Cheers,
Thomas

On SPS you do not have the possibilities to set permissions on listlevel, only on the area level.

And what is the "site" you are referring to? is it an area in the portal? So if you want to change access on a portal area then if you are a an administrator there you shall have an Actions list on the left side where you can manage the security for the area. If you do not see it, then you do not have the proper permissions for that area.

Cheers,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back