Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No address for SFCAPI:SfclsFileProtected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturnali

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
TR
Hi friends,

during recovering a 21 GB file to its original location
I got "No address for SFCAPI:SfclsFileProtected" error message.
Any idea?

thank you

Did the error msg cause your recovery to fail? Or did you just see the msgs during the restore? We see that all the time on our metaframe clients and SQL clients. What type of server/data are you recovering? We get that msg during SQL recoveries because we aren't running the SQL-aware module for legato, but the recovery completes

please advise

Msg causes recovery to fail.Approximately 10 minutes later since I begin recover, file size changes from 0 to 64K.Thats all.
File is a SQLServer dump file.

Regards...

I had this message too, but the recovery succeded.

This is not a Legato message, but a Windows message.

You can have much information on SFC (System File Checker) and WFP (Windows File Protection) on the microsoft msdn

Regrards.

I tried a directed recover from a client and hit a bug. According to documents Legato 6.0.1 sometimes loses its index structure.I rebuilt index for a tape by using command "scanner".
Next recover trial succeded.

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back