Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No 911 on NCOS 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchguy

Technical User
Aug 24, 2008
US
I've installed an analog set for emergency use only in our gymansium. If I set it to NCOS 0 I can only dial internally, which is what I want, but can't dial 911 or 9-911; I get a fast busy. If I set it to NCOS 1 I can dial 9-911, but I can also get an outside line and dial anything local, which isn't what I want. NCOS 2 & 3 are set for long distance.

What should I be looking at to get NCOS 0 on this set to dial 9-911? This set does not have a DID number if that makes any difference. I'm a just a volunteer here at the church and raised my hand too high when the last guy left. Everything I've learned is straight out of the manuals, or from these posts. You guys are great. The manuals, not so much.

We have an Opt 11 on rel 4.

Thanks.

go to ld 90 and see which RLI 911 is using, 911 is probably an SPN, go to the rLI it uses in ld 86 and chg the frl to 0

Mato' Was'aka

I'm not sure I'm looking in the right spot. All I see is 011, no 911.

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn
SPN

SPN 011
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

You are going to have to look for 911 a variety of ways. The nest is to print TYPE ALL

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE ALL

If you can't use LD24 ESA for 911, then create a separate RLI just for 911. Ideally it selects your PRIs first, then analogs as a failover.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

hey, i think you should be configuring your ESDN(Emergency services DN). That way the system knows 911 is an emergency number and should let u dial it no matter what restrictions. Its in LD 24 i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back