Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NNM Screen cycling on "node down" maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3inary

MIS
Jul 9, 2001
US
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of way or piece of software to buy that would enable me to cycle through all the maps that have a node down on them automagically. I can't think of a better way to display the current staus of the network for a large plasma screen....If anyone has any advice or ideas I would love to hear it.

Best Regards,

Damian Cutillo

The best way is to watch the events on the alarm browser instead of a large map. For some critical events like core router link down, you may set an audio alarm to alert the NOC staff. Cycle through the map is not a good way to alert the problem.

I am more concerned with something aesthetically pleasing to the eye (executive summary) verses functionallity or actual event notification since people that need to know about an event are to be paged or emailed on events pertaining to them. I need something that will catch onlookers eyes...but throwing the event browser into the mix wouln't hurt since there is plenty of info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back