Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NNM ALARM - THE HISTORY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshi

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
hi all
how can i find how many alarms per day per severity did i have in the past 2 or 3 months ?

thanks for your help
Eshi

NNM collects events in its private database. The problem is, there is a limit to the number of events it keeps, and once full, it will purge the old ones. Which is to say, unless you periodically export to a data wharehouse, you may not be able to look back 2-3 months. I believe the best way would be to export to a db (SQL) and run reports from there. Additionally, we have written a script to archive off all alarms into a text file every midnight. You could then write a PERL script to parse through that. You could also write a PERL script to talley all severity of event between midnights and then import that into a spreadsheet on a daily basis.

There are probably smart people out there that have a better answer, but I hope this helps.

Hi,

Another approach might be to export the data to the data warehouse as suggested, and then access the data using Microsoft Access via ODBC. An ODBC driver is available from the Solid web site.

I'm sure you could create some reports to meet your needs in Access and run them as required.

Nigel.

THANKS
I DID EXPORT THE DATA TO WAREHOUSE , However i couldn't continue from there , can you please walk me through it ?
and another quistion :
Is "Hp Performance Insight " useful for this situation , if yes how ?

thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back