Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NNM 5.01 on mirrored Solaris 2.6 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

drule

Technical User
Feb 29, 2004
GB
Someone save me from insanity, please....

I'm trying to install HPOV NNM 5.01 on a Solaris 2.6 platform with disk mirroring (that shouldn't be important).

I've installed NNM loads of times before and never had this problem - now i'm getting it on 2 different servers. The first i'm trying to load Sybase, and that fails, but that's a different matter.
This one i'm trying to load HPOV to run Lucent's Naviscore product. I copied the install files ot /usr/tmp and ran the install scripts form there.

I get part way throught the install then get:

======= 12/02/04 11:15:18 CST BEGIN swinstall SESSION (setup mode)

* The target "/" does not exist and will be created.

...... and it just sits there - does anyone know what causes this and how to get round it?

Many thanks in advance........

Apparently there is a bug in the swinstall suite that comes on the CD-ROM.
You will need to download the new swinstall utilities from HP (ftp://ovweb.external.hp.com/download/Installs/Sol28NNMInstall.tar.gz). Extract the entire SD-SETUP-SOLARIS25 directory and copy its contents to the directory with the same name in your install files (presumably /usr/tmp/...).

cd to the SD-SETUP-SOLARIS25 directory in your installation directory tree. Now issue the command as root: ./install.sdsetup

You are all set and should be able to follow the instruction given in the PDF that is on the CD.

Complements to Wodisch, who posted the solution on the HP forums (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back