Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NMS formmail - like a walk on water - not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxw

Programmer
Jul 24, 2001
CA
Hi,

Please help?

I don't have a problem writing forms. I have two forms and one thankyou page. Right now they are setup with 'same addy mailto: tag' and javascript to redirect.

I'd like to take the next step. 'Formmail' I've looked a number of scripts, they all pretty much look the same. I've downloaded NMS formmail from as recommended in this forum. I know I can run this on my server. I'd like to change the formmail.pl name to formname1.pl and formname2.pl

Or does the .pl work for multiple forms?

I've taken one form and added the following:
<form method=&quot;post&quot; action=&quot; <input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;recipient&quot; value=&quot;me@mydomain.com&quot; />
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;subject&quot; value=&quot;testing the form&quot; />
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;redirect&quot; value=&quot;thanks.htm&quot; />

That's very straight forward to me. Eeegads, how intimitading this stuff looks. I don't understand, not a clue. I've gotten a headache looking the changelog, examples, manifest, readme, formmail.pl. I've gone to take a couple of asprins. I know it's probably alot easier than I'm thinking. I've just drawn a blank and can't get my brain around it.

What's the changelog for?
What's the manifest for?
What/where exactly to I need to change in the formmail.pl?

This isn't going to be a weekend project, I'm going out of town. But I'll be ready Mon. I'd really appreciate it if someone could walk me through this please.

thanks kindly,
mxw

~Eeegads~

>>What's the changelog for?
>>What's the manifest for?
Got it, my apologizes. 'burning the midnight oil', I'll try again to figure out the formmail.pl
:)
mxw

~Eeegads~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back