Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NMON Analyzer Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

miteshdmanek

Technical User
Jul 6, 2004
US
Hello All -

I have used the NMON Analyzer provided by IBM where you select an NMON Daily Collection CSV file and run the Macro and it generates a bunch of information.

What I am interested in is finding a tool where I can select multiple days worth of NMON Collections and Generate a monthly/longer term file with CPU, MEM, and other output.

Basically, a way to consolidate multiple CSV outputs from NMON into one file that can be analyzed for monthly, yearly graphs for capacity planning. Anyone doing anything like this?

Thanks!

Try MS excel, or any other tool that can read csv and generate graphs.

That's what I am going to do, but I was checking to see if there was a method that already existed before taking the time to develop something myself with Excel. Thanks.

Great link - Thank you! You guys have always been a great source of knowledge, tips, and tricks. Sorry, previous reply wasn't meant to be smarmy if it came off that way.

If anyone has any other home-grown capacity planning tools using nmon or other scripts that they are willing to share, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

The new version of nmon analyser will have it...

Version 3.3 alpha (in support of NMON12)

* Support for new features in NMON12 (will be updated as they develop)
* Improved support for topasout (ideas needed please)
* Dynamic invokation of Windows SORT command for large files
* Removal of the DELIM parameter for locales that use comma as a decimal separator
* New facility to allow merging NMON files for trend analysis
* Automated creation of user-defined PivotChart
* Removal of SVCTimes option (replaced by new sheet from NMON12)
* Removal of DISKSORT option - to see if anyone complains and in preparation for Analyser V4!

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always be where you've always been."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back