Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NLB across 4 servers and User profiles - need suggestion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slistenev

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2001
US
I have 2 TS on NLB in W2K inviroument. and will be adding 2 more servers to NLB. Q is: Microsoft do not recommend (don't they?) to use roaming profiles on TS. What the other way to keep profiles consistant/same or syncronize them across all 4 servers? Any idead suggestions>?

PS. My 1st post - this forum looks very alive! was pleasantly suprised to dicover it ty google.

If there is a need to keep user-related informations like Outlook-settings then there is no reason why not to use roaming profiles, but you have to implement some policies to limit the size of the profiles.
You can (i recommend it) disable the writing back the Temporary internet files, the Temp-Files and all other folders which can grow up (like the desktop).

If you don´t need to keep user-settings, use mandatory profiles for all TS-Users.
You can set different paths for Terminal Server Logon and Loaclly Logon for each user in your domain.

If you are using roaming profiles, make sure that one user can only logon to one server at a time.
If a user has more than one session simultaneusly that can result in a corrupted profile.

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back