Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nivida MX440 graphics freezing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George54

MIS
Nov 4, 2002
GB
I am running win xp pro on AMD Athlon(tm) XP2100 running at 1.73ghz . Now when i try to use my nivida 64 mx 440 graphic card it freezes the screen and i have to go into safe mode to disable it.I have installed the drivers that came with the card and it does tell me that they are not "digitally signed" where can i get these DIGITAL DRIVERS? I have visited the nivida web site but i cannot find the drivers there!!.

Get the lastest drivers from the net.
You should already have know that, it told you they were not ok.
Drivers are where they are supposed to be:
for the 440

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Not digitally singned! does NOT mean that they are "not ok"
it just means that they have not yet passed Microsofts signing process, indeed all of the latest drivers are NOT signed.
Latest Nvidia drivers are "not signed" 43.45 Detonators, available from Nvidia's website.
Look at:
Latest Detonators
Latest motherboard chipset drivers
OVERHEATING?
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

That's true paparazi, it is not the same, but it is safe to say that the drivers supplied on the CD are never the latest ones and are known to contain bugs for XP and 2000.

Thanks for youre help .I have downloaded both 44.03/43.35 detonator drivers however it has not resolved my problem..
This is what i do...
1.control panel/system/device manager
2.Display adapters/GEFORCE4 MX440/UPDATE DRIVER
3.Browse for downloaded nivida drivers and install them
4. re-boot and after my screen has loaded it freezes so i have to re-boot and DISABLE the card.
Am i doing anything incorrect ,i think everything is correct that i do..!!?

Some of the cheaper motherboards we sell (PC chips) have to have the bios flashed in order to play properly with GF4 MX's, could be worth visiting your motherboard manufactures website to check on bios upgrades and known fixes, FAQ's etc Martin

Thanks Paparazi, I appreciate your help.
I do have a pc chips board model M810-LMR-7X board version 7.1a.I will try the motherboards site for further help..But i am going to be cautious because
I have FLASHED the BIOS before on another board but i blew the sdram slots, luckily it also had DDR slots so i upgraded.. i have now sold that unit !!.

Thats a coincidence :)
Yes indeedy, we have found lockup problems when using the GF4 MX440 in combination with the PCchips 810LMR, usually cured with a bios flash (unfortunately not the easiest of motherboards to flash) Also some problems with XP "Thoroughbred core" CPU's, Palomino's are fine (XP2.1+ likely to be older Palomino core :)
Maybe get your local custom build shop to flash it for you.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back