Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIUX commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FICRI

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
SE
ALEX is referring to a Command Description for NIUX COMMANDS. Does anyone know if this description really exists?

Hi!

niux > help
bdsvi: set NIU board to service mode
bdsve: end service mode on NIU board
bdsvp: print service mode status of NIU board
telstat: Print Telnet and MML statistics
ping: ping a remote host
netcnf: Print and configure port IP parameters
scinfo: display SCSI information
help: Command Info
h: Command Info
quit: quit niux shell
access: check file access
chmod: cahnge file rwx-mode
mount: mount a file-system
umount: un-mount a file-system
fsck: file system check on UNMOUNTED device
df: display mounted file-system
fprt: file contents print
fsinfo: file-system information print
writeeic: write eic information
readeic: read eic information
nifrev: display NIF revision
readrof: read the board hardware information

Andy

Hello spacer73 or Andy, FICRI is not asking the NIUX command, I think what he is asking is, is there any command description in ALEX. My answer is, there is none. The NIUX description is special separate manual. In short,its in the function specification book. //patcher

> FICRI is not asking the NIUX command, I think what he is asking is, is there any command description in ALEX.

Yes. I have not found the description of NIUX commands in the DynaText for BC10, but on my sight the short of description in a NIUX shell it is enough.

> My answer is, there is none. The NIUX description is special separate manual.

Yes. I could not find their descriptions in the my documentation.

Andy

Hi guys,

In ALEX for BC9 there is a Command Description supplied for the IPUX commands. In ALEX for BC10 and BC11 there are several references made to a Command Description for the NIUX commands.

As you have noticed there is no such description delivered with ALEX BC10/BC11. I have both the BC11 Reference Library and the BC11 O&M Library and it´s not in any of them.

From Ericsson I was informed that no NIUX Command Description at all exists.

//FICRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back