Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIU-CCM-Server-Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

GandhiII

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2002
DE
Hello experts,

can anybody give me details on how the communication between the NIU and one (or several, if possible) CCM server works. Is there an explicit handshake? Is it possible to use more than one server or make the MD send the data as multicast?
Any hints are welcome!

I don´t know if there is any handshaking between the NIU and the CCM-server. I guess you are using ethernet connection. The MD110 can only send it´s data to one CCM-server, but the CCM-server (CCM 4.0) can recieve data from multiple MD110. You can only initilize one MIS-port per MD110.

Why do you want to send data to multiple CCM-servers??

NANSI

Hello,
there is no trick for this application. but if you have a problem write to me. it works :)

Hi,
I definitely need to use more than one CCM-server with one MD due to company policies. Any information on the data that is exchanged between MD and NIU is welcome.

It is possible to connect the CCM server with a Serial cable rather than the ethernet port. If you do this you can use a data broadcast unit to split the output to multiple servers.

Same problem here. Serial cable is no option, because of interLIM traffic (multiple call centers in one location).

I did some network traces. There is a kind of handshake between NIU and CCM. Based on this results I wrote a small program. It connects to the NIU and receives MIS messages.

But without official support (e.g. function specification) I wouldn´t use it in an productive environment.

Help is really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back