Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nimda virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmaa

Technical User
Nov 20, 2001
MA
hi all

my server is afected by the nimda virus. i tried a lot of programs for cleaning this virus but i didn't get a good result (some files *.eml can't be deleted). therefore, i wonder anyone can give me the right program with right method to do this. thanks in advance

I am having the same problem. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated....

Our McAfee NetShield keeps the servers clean. The On-access scanner deletes the files as they're written, so you don't get new ones popping up either.

Marc Creviere

Once again, there is a huge caveat to cleaning systems infected with NIMDA: the only way to be absolutely certain that your systyem is no longer compromised is to do a complete format and reinstallation (or restore from a pre-infection backup).

NIMDA opens up your system with powerfull backdoors that are easily exploited by Evil People(tm). Unless you are absolutely certain that your system's internet exposure was shut off before anyone was able to exploit it there is no realistic way to tell if you were further compromised.

Just my 34.6 cents worth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back