Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM Warning - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
I have just setup a new NIM enviroment, the NIM Master is running AIX 5.2 .. I have created various mksysb's and spots/lpp_sources for the respective levels..

When I enter the following command:

nim -Fo bos_inst -a source=mksysb -a mksysb=S70_mksysb_433 -a lpp_source=lpp_source_433 -a boot_client=no -a set_bootlist=no S70B

I get the following OutPut:

Warning: 0042-336 m_bos_inst: The "Oslevel_r" Attribute was not found for resource "S70_mksysb_433"

What is causing that output? When I run the nim -Fo command and change the mksysb & lpp_source to my lpp_source_52 & S70_mksysb_52 file the prompt returns clean without any warning message..

Even though that Warning message is output, I can still NIM load the machine.. I have searched through the NIM documentation for the NIM code 0042-336 and it is not found..

Any Ideas?

Thanks!!

Frank Soprano

You must install APAR U488500 to fix the problem!
Bye

Where can I get that at? I have tried doing a search on IBM's site for the new 5.2 fixes under APAR and it doesnt come up..

Thanks Again!

Thats where I have been looking, when I do a search for:

OS LEVEL: 5.2

Search By: APAR # or abstract

Search String: U488500 - No Results Found
Search String: APAR U488500 - No Results Found..

Am I missing something? Is the APAR # Correct?

Thanks

Well I updated the bos.sysmgt files for nim and was able to correct the problem.. Just last night I decided to install the rest of the 6 CD set and after doing so I wanted to NIM load one of my boxes with AIX 5.1 and I recieved that message again, so I thought it was something to do with loading the additional cd's etc.. So I deleted the bos.sysmgt.nim etc.. and reinstalled the base bos.sysmgt.nim file sets and then updated them. Still get the warning message for the 5.1 mksysb's but 433 mksysb's along with 5.2 are fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back