Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM - Is there an easier way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
At our shop we quite frequently re-load our systems with different versions of AIX.. Sometimes its not always installed via NIM MASTER, but rather CD or TAPE Backup..

Is there anyway to make the NIM process easier then having to sit and wait for the RS6000 Logo screen to flash before hitting the interrupt key 8??? I know I cant control the system from the master since it was loaded by the master, or it may not be up or configured with a IP of the same network...

Any tips/tricks to make it almost completely fully automated?? I have set up my bosinst files, just waiting for some of the servers to get to the LOGO screen is a beast..

Thanks!!

well the easiest way would be change in sms to boot from networks all u need to add is the ip and network device then nim master should pick it up.once that is done it will boot from the nim image for the machine.then u can change the os the way u like.

hope that answers what u looking for

goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back