Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM 4.1 - DB Setup Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidradical

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am installing NIM 4.1 in a non-Domain environment using the latest NDM (4.1.3) and have an error just after the databases are finished installing. I can see the all DBs (Operational and Cubes) have installed successfully however on the DM setup it errors. I have checked all logs, this is what we see in the DBsetuplogs.

The Analysis services are running ok and I can connect and view the cubes.

09/09/2012 19:41:42 | 5192/1 | *************** Getting into Multi Dimensional Databases section | DBSetupInstall.Program.Main
09/09/2012 19:41:42 | 5192/1 | Checking connection to 'SQL Server Analysis Services' on server: CC-NICE-01 | DBSetupInstall.Prerequisites.CheckMDConnection
09/09/2012 19:41:43 | 5192/1 | Error - Error in action GetMDInstalledDatabases. Please verify that Analysis Services is running
The 'TblDataBaseDetails' object was not found. at DBSetupInstall.Prerequisites.getDBVersion(String database)
at DBSetupInstall.Prerequisites.ReadsDatabaseFromOutputFile(String fileName)
at DBSetupInstall.Prerequisites.GetMDInstalledDatabases() | DBSetupInstall.Prerequisites.GetMDInstalledDatabases

Has anyone came across this issue before?

Thanks.

Hi sidradical,

Can you check the Analysis Services in the sql server ?

Regards,

Hi,

They are running ok and I can login and view the cubes.

Thanks.

have you configured twin accounts for non ad environment what account is sql services running under?

Hi, I have re-built using a Domain account,our SRT is fully passing and showing no errors. The message still occurs, even with a clean OS and clean NDM/Packages..

hi im not sure nice supports this naming CC-NICE-01 with the character - i believe there were issues in past with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back