Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnosecret

Technical User
Jul 7, 2005
AU
Hi ,

If I want the Reception phone T7316e to have a night button they press so that ALL incoming calls goto voicemail. what do I need to do?

Thanks.

Build a new ring group - assign the lines you want answered to that ring group. Add the VM DN as the only set in that ring group. Program a night key on the phone (feature 871), and make sure the reception phone is set as the control set for the lines you want to be handled by the night service. When the service is running, all inbound lines in that ring group will go to their respective auto attendant.

Hi .
what headings are the ring groups under so I can add the PRI lines 61 -70?

I think I was looking in the wrong heading as I could only find a place to add Sets.. I need to add lines .

Hope you can help.

Open up the service (Night, or whatever), and you'll see line settings. Click on the lines in question and assign them to the proper ring group.

Are you sure you want the PRI lines answered and not specific DID's (target lines)?

so I should be putting in target lines..
that makes sense now.

I want to add target lines 241> to my ring group.
This will then put all my calls into nightmode once the user hits night button. correct?

Cheers.

Why do you have to have the voicemail DN in the ring group too?

Thanks for your help.

If you have the VM DN in the ring group, the calls will go directly to the auto attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back