Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Servive Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpySmurf

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
Greetings all,
I've spent 4 hours trolling through here and while many posts are helpful I can't connect the dots. I am unable to redirect the night station service. When I put the attendant station on Night mode, it rings extension 5599, which goes straight to VM. I need to temporarily redirect this to a live person and I don't see where 5599 is called out.
In "change console" (R11 BTW), Night Service Act. Ext. is grayed out.
In "change listed", Night Destination is 2222, a Hunt Group. I tried changing that to an extension but it didnt change anything. HG 2222 goes to the VM system. Again, I can't see 5599 called out anywhere.
No trunk-group or hunt-group has night service defined, so that can't be intercepting it.

Hopefully I've provided enough but not too much info here. I'm sure this is something simple!
TIA for any directional markers you can provide.
Rob

"list call" will show you extensions that are forwarded somewhere else? Could it be forwarded? One note though is that a forwarded hunt group extension does not show in the "list call" screen. Also, night service destination does not follow a coverage path (hence it is common to forward it).

If you changed the listed directory number night service to a station that station should ring. The call will not follow coverage however so things like cover answer groups and remote coverage points will not work.

thanks for the tips. "list call" shows no forwarding being done, anywhere. Since the LDN didn't ring the stations (I tried several), is that telling me it is never getting here? What "display attendant 1" shows matches what is on the attendant's phone. It's console type is principal, which seems strange - maybe it should be day/night. Perhaps I'm confusing the situation - I'm just frustrated I can't see something saying "Route to 5599"!

-is 5599 the night destination of a trunk or a hunt group?
-have u used the command "list usage extension 5599?
-what is 5599 and how do u know that the calls go to it?

- no trunk or hunt group has a night destination. I wish it was that easy.
-"list usage ext 5599" returns No Data in the System to List. I can "change station 5599". type is 6408D+ which I know I don't have any of phones wise. It's cover path is "2". Cover path 2 has attd as Point 1 and h99 as Point2. AhHA so there has to be a link between Point2 h99 and station 5599. I'll keep digging thanks!
-I know the calls go to it b/c when I leave a message off the night service, I can hear it by going into 5599 VM box.

So I got it working by adding where I wanted it to land in Point2 and moving h99 over to Point3 in Cover path 2. Still doesn't add up though - h99 is a hunt group that points to the VM system at 2222. Still no references to 5599 but I'm too brain dead to worry about it now. I don't know how you guys do this all day!
Thanks again,
Rob

Have you checked VDN's? try a display vdn 5599 or do a list extensions and look for 5599 to what is set up for or do a display listed, it might be a ldn.

Try dialing the attendant from a station after using the list trace station command on that station, it may give you a clue as to how its routing.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back