Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkfoley

Vendor
Dec 16, 2002
US
I have a KX-TD1232 -2 and would like to add a night service button. It looks however like this release did not support a night service button? We are using KX-T7230 phones.

Thanks - Rick

Night service on access code is 781, off is 780

You can program a speed dial key to dial 78 then manually press 1 to activate or 0 to deactivate

Thanks for the response ... We ended up assigning two -one touch- buttons ... this works however the lights do not light and they are forgetting to change it from day to night (781 on second button) or night to day (780 on first buttone) as there is no visual indicator to nudge them ... any thought on making the buttone light while in night mode? The book implies that you can setup a feature button to do this but could not figure out how ...

Rick

The newer releases have a DAY/NIGHT key, you need a set with an led light. Sell them a 7431 bor 7433....

I know the newer phones have a Day/Night button but do you need a new software release as well?

Your software needs to be a -3 to support the night service button. You can also press the pound key on any display phone to display the current mode, if thats what you need.

Oh well. Guess they will just have to deal with it! <g> Thanks for all the help and ideas!

Rick

Hi: We just purchased a KXTD1232 system to use with out KXT7230 phones. I have a small problem I thought maybe you could help me with. My night mode is set automatically and I love it because I don't have to physically set it. My problem is that in the day mode, when I program it to go to VM, 1. the extension where these CO lines supposed to ring does not ring, 2. the VM will pick the call after 2 rings. How can I set it so that in the day mode, when the extensions are busy/NA then the calls will go to VM after, let say 4 or 6 rings? I have set the FWD/DND button on the extension to go the VM but this still does not work.

Hello There!

Sounds like you have night mode working the way you want. I will assume you used D:L 1-1 for each of the co's . . .

During day mode you need to set call intercept extension to the VM Extension (probably 165) ... Set the Intercept to number of rings you wish ... and it should work fine ...

Hope this helps ...

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back