Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

petenutz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2006
US
I can't seem to find the answer to this problem...here's the scenario:

Up until recently the setup was working fine. Merlin Magix with MM 1.6 (or so) non-hybrid. Two calling groups with two respective auto-attendants associated. The Night Service is triggered with a button at ex. 100.

Group AA
775 2
776 1

Recently the AA1 message got clobbered with an AA message meant for AA2. My solution was to edit the extensions 775 and 776 and swap the AA numbers. For example:

Group AA
775 1
776 2

This has worked except for Night Service. When the Night Service is engaged at ex 100, calls are sent to the AA message for the other group. Also the extensions for the other group ring as well.

Any ideas on how I can get the Night Service to play the correct AA message? Nothing I do to the Night Service settings on the console seem to have any effect. (like adding the 776 group to the group assign)

Thanks much!

Peter

I would suggest that you log into Voice Mail and insure that the proper NIGHT SERVICE greeting is used for each of the AA's involved.

I suspect someone attempted to make a change and had a
"problem".

Thanks for getting back to me Merlinman,
I should have mentioned up front that the proper NIGHT SERVICE greeting is used for each of the AA's involved. I don't see words NIGHT SERVICE at all in the WinSPM (v9) program. Only in the classic SPM and even then you don't get to modify any of the current information, just an area to input more groups,lines or extensions. I've printed out the complete Dial Plan and the word Night appears twice. Once for the operator handset that has the button and once as a field entry like so:

Home Group(s) Priority:
NIGHT SERVICE INFORMATION

But this is for a newly created group. I'm still stumped.....

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back