Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service, What am I doing Wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod25

Technical User
Sep 19, 2003
Hi Guys,
I am having difficulty in setting up Night Service and I hope someone could point me in the right direction.

The config is as follows:

Ext 2000 is x-ported cov path 1

Cov path 1 : point 1 Attd Point 2 V2500

VDN 2500 points to Vector 1

VECTOR 1
01 route-to number 8501 with cov n if unconditionally

Now here is where I am not sure?

number 8501, can that be the mailbox for night service? If I do this then it does not work. But if I enter my ext i.e. 8200 then calls get routed to me when night service button is activated on Attd Console

or

Do I enter 8501 under 'listed-Directory-number' with a night service ext??? If I do this it still does not work.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Rod

Hi Brandaris,
What do you mean by cov set to Y.
Thanks

Rod

VECTOR 1
01 route-to number 8501 with cov n if unconditionally

Should be
VECTOR 1
01 route-to number 8501 with cov [red]Y[/red] if unconditionally

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Hi sfo751
I tried 'with cov Y if unconditionally' but I had no luck. Just cannot seem to get it to work. Yet,if I put my extension number in the vector, I get calls routed to me when night service is activated.

Thanks
Rod

I think you have a double coverage situation here. Try swapping the VDN and the X-Ported extension. If you have a extension going to coverage it will not go to to coverage again. I Have attendant after hours assigned to a soft number. The soft number is a hunt group number. The coverage group for the hunt group is Voice mail. No other members are assigned to this hunt group. In voice mail assign a mailbox to the LDN. Now this Mailbox is a Auto Attendant that asks " If you know your parties extenstion Dial it now or if the is a emergency press 0 and the call is directed to the security department.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If 8501 is the night service mailbox, and not a physical extension, then use a messaging step in vector 1 instead of a route-to.

01 messaging split x for extension 8501

Replace the x with the hunt group number for your voicemail. This will send the call to the voicemail for x8501.

- Duaneness

My question was also whether 8501 was on the switch on just vm. Thanks Duaneness.

SirRono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back