Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc192trunking

Programmer
Jul 26, 2005
US
Hi there,

I'm somewhat confused on how to best setup voicemail with night-service.

Boss wants to have voicemail pickup after 1 ring when night-svc is turned on (long enough to allow employees to answer if expecting a call), but it always waits 4 rings whether on night-service or not.

I've changed line coverage settings, group distribution, the works, but I am obviously missing something. The voicemail is setup on x10, mailbox 1 for all incoming lines. It's used as a general mailbox for the entire company. Everything else with night-service seems to work fine.

PACS R7.0 91E
Partner Voice Messaging Card

Thanks in advance!

IIRC, what you want to change is the VMS Hunt Delay (#506).

This should allow you to determine how many rings before the VM picks up.

Jay

Checked VMS Hunt Delay.. Night is set to 1 ring on all incoming lines. Even tried 0 rings, no luck.

Sounds like you have your lines assign'd to X10 in sys prog #208, if so and you want to use a night key remove from there and assin to grp7 in sys prog #206, then it will follow your key and the settings in #506 for Day and night.
You'll have to record your main message for the auto attendant not on ext 10

I set up the AA prompt, and here's where my plan fails.

I'm thinking this isn't available with the PC card, but I want to "press 3 or stay on the line to leave a voicemail".

The customer wants the message light to appear on x10 for all new voicemails to the general mailbox, hence why I initially programmed the voicemail on x10.

I have selector code 3 set to transfer to x10. But then x10 rings the default 4 times before answering with voicemail. If I lower this amount to 1 ring, then all intercom calls to x10 always answer after 1 ring. Ugh!!

So add a DND button to 10. At night, press both the Night Service and the DND buttons.

That's what I feared all along-- Getting employees to press TWO buttons. I guess that's what I'll do, so thanks for the advice.

Although now I wonder.. (trying to think outside the box of course), is there a way to route the selector code to an unused extension that's always set to DND, but have the message light appear on x10? That would essentially do the same thing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back