Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service(or i think thats what i want), all calls to single extn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgressiveMatt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2010
GB
Good Afternoon,
I have taken on the administration of a iSDx and been plodding along, with the help of the manual, for a couple of months. My boss won't purchase a voicemail card for the system as we were quoted quite a bit of money for it so we have a single desktop answering machine which is activated on the main line after the last person leaves.

So what i want to do(if its possible) is at a certain time divert all calls to the building to a single extension so that everything gets picked up by this answer phone.

From what i have been reading you can set up a night service which i assume is a set time in which you can make the system do something but i cant figure out from reading the manual how to forward all calls to a single extension during this night period.

hope you can help

regards

Matt

If you use operator consoles then if you setup DENS (Direct Extension Night Service) it can go to night serve extensions (NSE) when the operator put the consoles into night service or if a button is not pressed on the consoles for a fixed time. What is the version of software you have on your iSDX?

version 7 and we don't use an operator console, i have since been told by our support company that this isn't possible without an operator console so will just have to cope without it

cheers

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back