Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service mystery 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugsiensedgwick

Technical User
Jan 21, 2009
CA
G3Xv12
We have a little branch of the Hospital where our attendants press the night service button on their little Avaya system consoles, after 5 pm, to send the calls to the main hospital.
Trouble is the calls are sent to the main Hospital number which doesn't show up as calls coming from the branch.
I have created a vdn at the main Hospital Avaya system to ID the calls, but can't figure out how calls are forwarded to the Hospital.
First I looked up all instances on the branch's switch where the main Hospital's main number came up on ab dialing and changed it to the VDN.
That didn't help.
Then I pulled up the trunk group and Night Service pointed to an existing station within the branch which has nothing to do with night service nor does it have any cov paths associated with it.
I disp listed directory num and there is nothing about night service there at all (unlike my old g3siv11).
So just how do calls go from hither to yon???
Thanks for your help.
-Randy

What happens when you dial the station associated with Nite service in the trunk group?

Does it ring to the main hospital?

It may be permanently forwarded.
Do a "list call forward" and see what's there.

Finally got back over there.
The extension is not being forwarded, as a matter of fact I see notheing unusual about that extension at all. A people (sic) answers when I call it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
-Randy

I'm on s/w r12x.02.0.111.4
I tried to do a trace to figure out how calls get the hospital.
I thought of tracing the trunk but can't find a way.
Tried to trace the attendant from the simulator "lis tra att 1", and it wants another identifier.
Console extension didn't work there.
I just can't figure how the calls get to the Hospital.
Thanks for your help,
-Randy

To trace a trunk, you'd enter the command:

list trace tac <trunk-access-code>

The trunk access code of the trunk group you want to trace is entered at the end. It will show you all of the traffic that happens on that trunk group.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Also Another trick to trace the attendant is to assign a extension. See below:

ATTENDANT CONSOLE 1

Type: console Name: OPERATOR
Extension: 04 Group: 1 Auto Answer: none
Console Type: principal TN: 1 Data Module? n
Port: 03A1214 COR: 1 Disp Client Redir? n
COS: 0 Display Language: english
H.320 Conversion? n

in dial plan analysis make a 2 digit length starting with 0 an extension. see Below:

DIAL PLAN ANALYSIS TABLE
Percent Full: 11

Dialed Total Call Dialed Total Call Dialed Total Call
String Length Type String Length Type String Length Type
0 1 attd
0 2 ext

I used 04 as the extension No one knows of it and only use it to trace the attendant it works well.

Once this programming is complete you then enter the command List trace att 04

Hope this make sense
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Maybe check your incoming call handling in the trunk form. The Night Serice destination may be set in there.

are branches connected?one work-aound for the objective is to specify trunk-ns (trunk grp number) on 1 button on the attendant.pressing the button will divert calls for that trunk to the night service destination of that trunk. on the destination ext, it will show the trunk name for that call, which is the main trunk of your remote branch.

I've been somewhat covered up and haven't had time to go back over there.
Looks like several good ideas to try.
The two entities are not connected, and there is only one trunk group (I think).
Thanks for all your good input, hopefully I can get back over there today.

Thanks to Dufus, I finally solved the mystery. Calls were going to the other switch via remote coverage path.
I made the necessary changes there and voila!
Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back