Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaSea

Vendor
Sep 22, 2005
US
Need some help. I have read all of the posts on Night Service and I guess I need the basics course.

The customer had a merlin mail that died. It was replaced with a Magix Messaging 2.1 (the is a Procesor 7.0).

There are 2 operators 110 and 130.

There are 2 AA's
AA1 - Main #. AA1 answers all the time. Night service is for the Night greeting to play. Night service was controlled Ext 110 with a Night button because of varying hours of operation. A schedule won't work.

AA ports are in 7929
Lines are 801-808

AA2 box office - on a schedule and works fine.

Can any one help with the steps to make AA1 kick to night service?

I am not sure what you mean by "AA2 box office - on a schedule and works fine". The Messaging system's schedule affects all AA's. So if you use a schedule of business operation vs. following Legend/Magix Processor mode to control day vs. night - you need to be consistent for both AA's. If you want to control day vs. night via the processor schedule - then you need BOTH operator positions to have a "night service" button AND BOTH to have them "on" - when you want night service to kick in. Only one of them has to turn it "off" for day service to kick back in.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom thanks

There are 2 Auto attendants on this system. Both have their assigned lines that they cover.

AA 1 needs to have the night greeting activated by the receptionist. BTW both operators are associated with calls on the lines answered by AA1. (Currently, the Day Greeting is active all the time)

AA2 has a schedule built in the Merlin Messaging. (open 10-6pm M-F) This schedule is that is working correctly.

So adding the night button to the second operator should do it?

Try it - with both set to "on" and see if you get the night greeting. I did not think that you could set seperate business schedules for each AA. If you can, make sure the business schedule for AA1 is set to "follow Merlin Legend/Magix mode" - otherwise the "night service" buttons will be meaningless to the voice mail unit.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom,

Thanks

I'll try the Night button on both operators tomorrow.

I do have AA1 set to Merlin Switch Mode and AA2 set to follow the weekly Business Schedule in the Merlin Messaging.

Thanks, I'll post the result tomorrow.

Mike

Tom

Thanks it worked with the Night button on both Operators.

Also, AA1 has Night Service controlled by the Operator

And AA2 has the schedule built into Merlin Messaging

Thanks for your help

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back