Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuterBD

Programmer
Jul 2, 2008
US
Hi Gang,

I've got an customer with an IPO 406 running 3.2 (17). They are claiming that suddenly their night auto-attendant is not picking up when someone calls in on one of their main lines. They said that the caller hears one ring and then there is just silence. I have double checked to make sure there is a prompt recorded in the menu of the Night AA, so it's not that.

The operator uses a night button on her phone to take the system in and out of night mode since there is no set time for them to be opened or closed. The voicemail seems to be functioning properly besides this issue, I'm not sure what's going on.

If you need any more info, I'd be glad to provide it.

Thanks!

What version of VM are you running... Are the lines Analog or PRI/Ti? If the line is analog you may want to test the line or have telco check it..

ACS- IPOffice Implement

If it happens on all lines and only at night I wouldn't bother ringing the telco.

Happening suddenly is usually an indication that they changed something.

If you create a short code to ring the NightAA test that internally first.

Then replicate the NightAA#2 and point the short code to that, try again.

They're using VMPro and have a PRI along with a couple analog lines as well.

only one line?
is the incoming route different for that line?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Puter Send the customer in question a copy of TeamView which YOU can find on the net. (Its free!) This will provide you direct connection to the PC running manager, and it puts the customer in charge to allow you in per connection! Plus it will pass through ANY fire wall.

Run Sys Stat and leave the connection open and go back and see what you trapped!

Its so eazy!

Lord

Lord

I created a short code *99 that is set to "Feature: Auto Attendant". When *99 is dialed it just takes the user to their voicemail. Perhaps I am doing something wrong here.

It's not only on one line, it's on all of them. All of the call routes for the numbers in question are set up the same. I was just told that this started happening after a power outage, but that wouldn't cause a mishap in the programming would it?

And thank you for the suggestion WANLord, I have remote access to their system already though.

voicemail Node or Voicemail Collect as a feature it should be the first one.
But if all lines are going to the same route then that is not the issue. Follow the incoming calls and see if there is some kind of caller ID routing if they have a schedule enabled if there are any user variables setup that can change the behavior. And very important if you want to see what is happening on the voicemail side of things then you can run the debug tool and see exactly what the voicemail interprets and what shortcode it uses and also what prompts it wants to play, very helpful even though rather time consuming to do.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Could be a timer issue in the group or ICR for fallback.

If it is all calls that go through AA then possible something became currupted after power outage... Maybe try rerecording the night attendant.. If that doesn't work rebuild the Night attendant,,

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Probably need a proper call flow at this point. Something like this:

DID 6600 > PRI > ICR(0, 6600, 6600) > HG(Main(6600)) > Main.Leave > Main.Leave.Start > Main.Leave.Menu > etc

Feature: voicemailcollect
Telephone: VM:AutoAttendantName

Have you rebooted everything since the power out? Glitches are caused by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back