Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

night service group extension (#504)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhazer

Programmer
Oct 20, 2006
Does anyone know what extension number cooresponds to the Night Service Group?

For example, Calling group 1 cooresponds to extension 71, Calling group 2 to extension 72, etc.

Whatever ext's that you assign to it, you got as far as #504 now enter your ext's and make them assigned {1}

ok, i did assign the extension that I want to be on it, now what I want to do is have it so that when #9 is pressed, the AA (automated attendant) will transfer the caller to the night service group using the "selector code transfer". Maybe I'm using Night Service Group for the wrong purpose?

Maybe I'm using Night Service Group for the wrong purpose?

You got that part right!

If you didn't have an Automated Attendant, you might put extensions in the Night Service Group, so that when the Operator is gone for the day, and presses Night Service, those phones in the group start ringing on incoming calls (they would be programmed for Delayed or No Ring normally)

Since you are using an Automated Attendant (but you didn't specify WHICH voice mail you have), you would change your Selector Code for the Night Menu to ring Extension 71, 72, 73, or 74, and put your extensions into Group 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Now, if you are using Partner Voice Messaging PC Card, there is only ONE Auto Attendant menu, so you can not have separate Day and Night menus.

OK, that makes sense now.

thanks for your help.

(for future post reference, my hardware is a partner ACS R7.0 processor, with partner messaging (R7) and a 6 port card.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back