Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night service comes on at 5pm, but evening message starts at 5:30 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr0ubleman

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2004
US
Hi,

I've posted this message on this forum and the Meridian forum, because I'm not sure which one it's supposed to be on. I'm an IT guy, who's been assigned to change a few things in are NORSTAR phone system. By looking at the FAQ's on this site, I've been able to fix everything they wanted except one thing:

They wanted the night service changed from 5:30PM to 5:00PM. I did that, but the daytime AA table picks up until 5:30, even if we're on night service. How do I make it so our night service message goes on whenever we put on night service? Also, it they daytime AA table picks up during night service, even if I go to manual night service, unless it's after 5:30.

Here is some system information:

We have a Meridian M8X24-DS and a Norel Startalk Flash 4 CH 1.7

Using your FAQ's, I've determined that the KSU and software version is: MDR5 ENG/SP (Including DR5.1)

Please let me know if you need anymore information, and thanks in advance.

More information:

Normal service: AA table picks up after 6 rings
Night service: picks up on the first ring

(BTW, I'm a total noob to Norstar, I knew how to do the feature **config, **admin, and some of the voice mail configs, before coming to this site.)

Night service only dedicates phones or vmail to answer where vmail controls what greeting plays when.
Login to Vmail
Press:
AA
TABLE
OK
OK
NEXT 5 times
OK
NEXT 2 times (should see EVENING)
CHANGE
Enter 0500
PM

Done!

Thanks, Curlycord, I found it.

Also, the evening message was set to 5pm.....it's the same as the morning and afternoon message. The non-business one is the one they want to play at 5. It was also set at 5, so I just changed the evening one to 4pm. I think that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back