Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service / Call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger85

Technical User
May 12, 2007
Hi All,

Is anyone able to help me finalise if something is possible and if so how to do it.

A little background to what we have.

IP Office 500v2 Basic 8.1
ISDN 4ch.

We want a simple call forward, so every evening before we leave the office someone presses something on a handset that forwards all calls to a mobile number, when they return in the morning they simply turn it off.

Thanks

Never tried it on basic, but I'd imagine it's as easy as putting a Night Service button on a phone, putting a user in the Night Service group, that user unconditionally forwards to mobile number.

Toggle via night service button...try it out.

I would guess you need to do one of the following:

1) Assign line ownership to an extension and then forward that extension at night.

2) Send the calls to AA first, give the option for the on call person, if that is chosen send it to an extension which is then call forwarded off site.

Hi all,
Same situation here.
IP Office 500v2 Basic 8.1 ISDN 4ch. 5 users in the office. NO CLI / DDI assigned. Just one main number. EXT 101 - 108 (combi card)
I want to set a button to do call forward for GROUP CALLS (or Feature 11)
In the Manager it only allowed to forward to an internal extension (it only allows 2 digits)
Once I do this I can go to the phone and edit the FW details and setup and external number (e.g. 90751xxxxxx)
I turn the FW feature on, get incoming call on the ISDN but it doesn't forward it. if I call the EXTENSION from another internal extension the FW works. So GROUPS calls are not forwarded.
Other tests that I have tried:
- Trunk settings. Deleted the rule to have incoming calls to Calling Group 2 (Ring all) and created a new rule to ring only first extension. When FW is enabled it FW to mobile. BINGO. If only one Extension rings in the office I can do external FW. When I add another rule to add another ext or group the FW fails.
- Tried to setup a "spare ext 106" to FW to all calls to Ext 101 (first ext) and from 101 FW all calls to mobile. Does't work.

As far as I can see there are no time profile settings to Change Incoming call routes or to select destination as EXTERNAL

Can someone thing of any solution?

Many thanks

Andrei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back